Tom Allen, co-worker of MIT, has been doing research on the work and collaboration of remote teams for more than 20 years. Data indicate that when people are more than 50 feet apart from each other, their likelihood of collaborating more than once a week is less than 10%.
REMOTE TEAMS ARE TRULY THE WAY OF THE FUTURE. Today, organizations are becoming global and making way for individuals from different cities, countries and continents to work with each other. This ‘virtual distance’ brings in a new set of challenges for leaders to direct their teams. A change like this brings in a need for a new way to communicate using new type of technology guided by new systems and processes. And all of the above has to be attained keeping in mind the cultural differences within the team.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRAINING SPECIAL is that it was born in a multicultural remote environment. This gives the training program a good flavor of the east as well as the west. What makes this training effective is that it was born as a result of interactions with people who are actually managing remote teams: we interviewed six individuals from diverse fields who introduced us to this subject with their own experiences, practical advices, their challenges, and their best practices. The course walks through the challenges of “being remote” systematically with practical tips and best practices from people leadership aspects to useful management processes.
By the end of the program participants will be able to overcome the lack of physical meetings, create an effective way of collaborating through processes, technology and communication norms, and become the real and motivating leaders of their remote team
Potential follow-up courses
- Multicultural Communication
- Team Sociomapping diagnosis and workshop
- On-the-job coaching through webinars
- "We have been working together with Develor on a Leadership Academy since 2009. Since we evaluated the first program as a success and a good investment into our business, we have started with a second group of leaders in 2011. When we were looking for a partner three years ago to help us to improve the leadership capability in our business, it was important for us to find an organization that is able to - delivery high quality programs across our major markets - work together with us in a flexible in business oriented manner that we achieve real competency rather than just deliver a training program - ensure that the content of the program and the way it is delivered provides tailored solution in line with our company culture and processes - apply and compare different tools and methods - 360 degree tools before and after, online and face-to-face tools, modular program structure, coaching, leader interviews, etc. to achieve maximum effectiveness ... We are happy to work together with Develor since they fully satisfy the above criteria, and equally or even more important they proved to be an ethical business partner, seeking for a long term trusted relationship with its customers."
- “Our Intercultural training course was developed by the experts of Develor as our cooperation partner within the frame of our development program in English language. By the development of this training, an idea we had envisioned for long came true. Professionalism, credibility and effectiveness. These qualities feature the work of Develor. Professionalism - because they provided an up-to-date, high level and customized knowledge transfer with fully responding to our specific needs. Credibility – because they formed the attitude and approach of the participants involving them in an interactive way based on real life examples and personal trainer’s experiences. Effectiveness – because our colleagues beyond being highly happy and contented with the training course, they got enriched by tools and methods that when applying them they could achieve measurable results in their work. Therefore, we believe to have further opportunities for future cooperation with the dynamic, cheerful and devoted team of Develor.”
- "At the beginning of 2011 the already running leadership developmental program has come to a new station. By top managerial expectation and HR plans, the continuation of the training program could only be carried on if it was based on a thorough and professional diagnostics. It was the middle management of the company that was at the focal point of this diagnostics and training program: Assistant Manager, Manager and Senior Managers, in total 53 people. According to the diagnostic results and of the individual consultations, we have experienced professional implementation in both quality and quantity from the consultants of Develor. Our special needs and requests were incorporated into the processes, and it is safe to state that we received meaningful, useful and tangible information. The consultants from Develor have been customer oriented, flexible, and have maximally taken into account our requirements and expectation throughout developing the questionnaires, in the delivery phase and in the evaluation as well."
- „During the year 2010 ING Pension funding organized a series of trainings for a part of its employees and agents. Our only partner in this project was Develor Bulgaria. ... My impressions with Develor are from our joint work on the preparation of the program application documents, setting up training goals, their realization and the finalization of the project. Our initial expectations changed during the process of needs analysis. Our Develor partners extremely skilfully expanded our horizons and managed to mark specific areas where we should focus our efforts. Trainings were focused on practice and diversity of situational modules. They were delivered by three Develor trainers. Except for my excellent impressions by Todor Todorov, I can confirm my colleagues’ high appraisals for the other trainers. We still discuss the Insights profiles which every participant received even a year after the training. I would like to express my high appraisal for the entire project and for [how they] managed to help us see more clearly our boundaries on specific elements which to put on their right place, and most of all for that today we have the knowledge how to manage our sales and expectations.”
- "In 2008 in cooperation with Develor, we have designed and carried out a training program targeting the managers of our buying department. The program was aiming at development of the interpersonal effectiveness and negotiation skills of the managers. The concept of the Insights development system enabled us to focus effectively on our pragmatic training activities supporting and developing skills and abilities of the participants while respecting and reacting on their personal characteristics. Professional pro-client orientation and qualified trainer having the expertise from FMCG sector were the next attributes that lead to our satisfaction and success of the training program. Thank you and we are looking forward to our coming cooperation."
- „On 19.11.2010 we organized a teambuilding event for the Control Management and Network services planning Department employees. The service was provided by Develor Bulgaria… We have chosen Develor as we were looking for more than games and emotions. The main task of the trainers was to make the program not only pleasant and fun but also to provoke specific behaviours and create conditions for serious discussions. As a result, there was a spontaneous and very beneficial discussion amongst participants after they have seen themselves in role-play environment, which was analogical to their everyday work life....The program achieved complete accordance with the set goals and was highly praised by the participants.”