Tom Allen, co-worker of MIT, has been doing research on the work and collaboration of remote teams for more than 20 years. Data indicate that when people are more than 50 feet apart from each other, their likelihood of collaborating more than once a week is less than 10%.
REMOTE TEAMS ARE TRULY THE WAY OF THE FUTURE. Today, organizations are becoming global and making way for individuals from different cities, countries and continents to work with each other. This ‘virtual distance’ brings in a new set of challenges for leaders to direct their teams. A change like this brings in a need for a new way to communicate using new type of technology guided by new systems and processes. And all of the above has to be attained keeping in mind the cultural differences within the team.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRAINING SPECIAL is that it was born in a multicultural remote environment. This gives the training program a good flavor of the east as well as the west. What makes this training effective is that it was born as a result of interactions with people who are actually managing remote teams: we interviewed six individuals from diverse fields who introduced us to this subject with their own experiences, practical advices, their challenges, and their best practices. The course walks through the challenges of “being remote” systematically with practical tips and best practices from people leadership aspects to useful management processes.
By the end of the program participants will be able to overcome the lack of physical meetings, create an effective way of collaborating through processes, technology and communication norms, and become the real and motivating leaders of their remote team
Potential follow-up courses
- Multicultural Communication
- Team Sociomapping diagnosis and workshop
- On-the-job coaching through webinars
- “After various trainings carried out by several companies I was wandering whether this would again be wasted time, a training for training, whether it will bring anything to its attendants. I had a feeling that it is often difficult to apply the provided information or use it in the real work. This is also why it was always difficult for me to decide whether I will attend a training and spend time there. However, after attending trainings of Develor I must confirm that they belonged to those, which in my opinion enriched and developed employees' view of themselves, their colleagues and business partners and also positively affected their work habits. Apart from the training's content, the trainer also constitutes a very important part of the training. Develor proved to be good in this as well. Simply said it did not disappoint us."
- "On the basis of our now two-year long relationship with Develor, I would describe the company using the following two attributes: professionalism and partnership. Professionalism: well-prepared and credible trainers offering excellent support in arranging various events. Partnership: Joint cooperation in specifying the necessary steps to be taken."
- “…With the present reference I would like to express our satisfaction with our cooperation with Develor Bulgaria. Our contacts with the company began in 2010 when Merck Bulgaria hired consulting company, Develor for conducting different training programs for employees’ development in sales, communication and relationships with clients. Training programs were continued during 2011… As a result of the program my team substantially changed their work approach and way of communication with their colleagues from other departments. They started achieving their goals more easily and finding the shortest way to clarify work cases. The training contributed also for the significant change in the team itself – communication is clear and concrete, team spirit is visible and there is initiative for taking responsibilities…”
- "For us, Develor is a dependable partner who we can always count on if we are looking for high-level creativity at upper-management training courses. Effectiveness, dynamism and true teamwork are all hallmarks of their performance. This is why we have continuously chose the Develor team over the years."
- “We started to cooperate with the Develor company in April 2010, when we selected it from among several companies, which we addressed with the aim to increase the service level of our contact centre operators. We decided to choose their services based on a comprehensive approach proposed by them, which exceeded our original expectations and professionally reacted to our needs. Within the carried out development program, there were efficiently combined several approaches, e.g. in determination of the initial situation – an analysis of recordings of the contact centre, in the proper implementation of the program – a practically oriented training, mystery calling, individual coaching of operators and an application workshop as a supportive tool for introduction of new procedures in the practice. Develor subsequently formulated practical measures of a systematic character, which reflected the identified needs – from application of the legislation in force to adjustment of standards for operators and elaboration of the contact centre's methodology of work, which we applied in practice. The trainers and consultants were professionals, who helped us implement the proposed solution thanks to their committed and professional approach. Since we originally expected only the mere training, their commitment highly exceeded our expectations. Based on this experience and positive reactions of employees we have decided to cooperate with the Develor company in development of employees also in future."
- "Prvá stavebná sporiteľňa has already cooperated with Develor on several development subjects. Again and again, we are getting convinced of their professional approach focusing not only on presentation of the given subject in trainings. We appreciate inspirational communication while preparing the trainings, delivery of the trainings, but also subsequent outputs and recommendations for the next steps to be taken.In 2009 and 2010 we cooperated with Develor on training of our managerial staff to be ready for the assessor’s role in the framework of MbO launching in our company. We appreciate a lot the cooperation with Mrs Kinga Novotná and the trainer Mrs Martina Georgievová in the preparation of the trainings. During the first stage, they helped us to train the managers for 'MbO goal setting' for the team as well as for the individuals. In the trainings, Mrs Georgievová managed to make participants understand the principle of 'goal cascading' as well as to learn it using examples of their own practice. In the subsequent workshop, the trainer took the role of the host, helping the future assessors to discuss main issues, to answer individual questions and to unify different opinions and approaches. In the next training held just before MbO assessment interviews, Mrs Georgievová was practicing with the managers not only the preparation and realisation of the assessment interviews, but also speaking about respective stumbling blocks waiting for the assessors. After carrying out the assessment process in the company, Kinga Novotná and Martina Georgievová helped us to implement and to evaluate the MbO assessment process using a questionnaire for the assessors as well as for the assessed employees. Their tips, comments and survey outputs helped us to carry out changes that were subsequently implemented in our assessment system.We appreciate Develor’s complex approach and seeing the things through to the end, their effort to evaluate the effectiveness of the cooperation being also commendable."